- Provides coaching on Agile values and practices while emphasizing continuous improvement.
- Enables individual project teams to share their learning with the organization.
- Encourages collaboration and proactively seeks opportunities to improve collaboration.
- Tracks and ensures visibility of historical team metrics and progress of the iteration and release.
- Emphasizes the need for incremental releases, iterative work, and prioritization by value and risk.
- Assists with internal and external communication by transparently radiating information.
- Partners with project lead to ensure the team is producing a solution that meets established standards, procedures, and practices.
- Collaborates with project leads to aggressively address issues, risks, and mitigation plans. Instills a sense of urgency reflecting the goals for the current iteration, upcoming release, and project vision, while passionately emphasizing the importance of meeting these goals.
- Optimizes increases and sustains throughput; ensuring prioritization of work by value and risk.
- Is collaborative in driving decisions and team behavior, guarding against making decisions and assignments for the team and instead creates an environment where teams have the context needed to make the best decision.
- Ensures iteration-based meetings are effectively facilitated, the outcomes are achieved and their cadence is maintained.
- Assists team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, sizing and tasking. Proactively identifies and removes blockers, limits work in progress and prevent distractions.
- Facilitates frequent retrospectives, sharing metrics to identify and implement improvements. Identifies, creates and defends opportunities for expediting feedback throughout the iteration.
- Participates proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best practices.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Scrum Master
- Strong Project Management background
- Some technical background (plus if Symfony or Angular)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Ukrainian
- Previous roles in HR services or regulated environment is a plus
- Ability to pass a rigorous background check